- Welf. & Inst. 366.24(c) (2009; amended by AB 1712, 2012)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 361.5(b) (1996; amended by SB 1521, 2012)
- Penal Code 13885.6 (1992; amended by AB 1470, 2012)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 8103(f)(1967; Amended by S.B. 1171, 2012; 1131, 2013)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 18961.5 (1992; amended by AB 2322, 2010)
Penal Code 11166
A mandated reporter shall make a report to an agency specified in Penal Code 11165.9 whenever the mandated reporter has knowledge or observes a child reasonably suspected of being a victim of child abuse or neglect. The mandated reported shall make an immediate initial report, followed by a written report which may include any nonprivileged documentary evidence relating to the incident. Failure to report is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in county jail, fine of one thousand dollars or both.