- Welf. & Inst. Code 5778(b)(5)(B) (1994; amended by A.B.1780, 2008)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 8103(e) (1967; amended by SB 1171, 2012)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 5778(b)(5)(A) (1994; amended by A.B.1780, 2008)
- Welf. & Inst. Code 8103(f)(1967; amended by SB 1171, 2012)
- Penal Code 4501.1 (1997; amended by AB 109, 2011)
Welf. & Inst. Code 10200 (added by AB 7, 2009)
The State Department of Health Care Services and Social Services may utilize an entity (contractor, county consortia, nonprofit providers, partnerships) to develop and complete a comprehensive plan pertaining to statewide eligibility and enrollment determination process for the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program, the Medi-Cal program, and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Such an entity shall be required to comply with (among others) the applicable privacy and security requirements, such as the protection of personal health information, as defined by applicable federal and state regulations; as well as the rules and regulations governing the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.